A goal is defined as “a result that one is attempting to achieve”, whereas a resolution is “a firm decision to do something”.
This post is an attempt to review my previous goal from 2019 and transform it into a resolution for 2020.
I started 2019 with the goal of publishing a blog with 3 weekly posts. I estimated 156 posts. At the end of 2019, I had published 11.
Completing only 7% of my goal, I failed miserably.
Why I failed
- Interruptions - I discovered that I have a habit of overcommitting. This caused an imbalance in work, family, and social obligations.
- Procrastination - Writing was the first thing on my daily to do list, but it was the last thing to be checked off.
- Perfectionism - Trying to find perfect ideas to write about. Subjectively viewing my writing, rather than objective feedback and analysis.
For 2020, I’ve made a decision to write every day. 365 posts in 365 days.
Learning from mistakes
- Planning - Make time to write. Balance work, family, and social commitments.
- Habit Repetition - Withdraw perfectionist tendencies through developing a habit of writing and publishing daily.
Year in Review
2019 was a full spectrum of emotions. Love, pain, adventure and self-discovery. The best counsel this year was from an uber passenger - “Never too late to make a change. The only person that will do it is You”.